MMA (enhanced mini-materials analyser) X-Ray Diffractometer although compact in size, offers enhanced capabilities to the end user.
The original design of the MMA included such features as interchangeable parallel beam and focusing geometries, variable radius, provision for multiple detectors, interchangeable optics and many different stages.
These features are all carried over to the ε
MMA and in addition, the ε
MMA offers enhanced features such as:
- θ-θ mode - to maintain a horizontal sample stage, essential for high temperature and non-ambient sample chambers.
- New advanced microprocessor controller, offering 8 simultaneous axes and Ethernet comms. εMMA has an IP address on a network, and can be driven from any PC on the network, or indeed the Internet, subject to bandwidth and other packet data constraints.
- New sample stages for large, heavy and bulky samples, in addition to spinning, capillary spinner, and mounting provision for a select few non-ambient stages available from PAAR ®.
- New primary beam optics such as confocal graded d-spacing mirror for transmission and Capillary modes.
- New software enhancements - includes an "accessory picker" that allows instant re-calibration after interchange of any beam component for Visual XRD. Traces includes integrations with the latest release of the ICDD databases PDF-2 and PDF-4+.
Much work has been done on thin film, surface analysis, depth profiling and reflectometry using a parallel beam detector with a very fine divergence slit. This gives particularly impressive results when used with the unique Solid-State Peltier-cooled Si PIN Diode detector. This detector offers 3 x - 4 x better sensitivity then the traditional Xe proportional detector with a curved graphite crystal monochromator.
For rapid interchange options, each stage, optic and detector has its own calibration and swapping configurations as easy as selecting a new item from the accessories picker.
New Accessories for the EMMA (Enhanced Mini-Materials Analyser)
GBC have now developed a new range of accessories to compliment the EMMA (Enhanced Mini Materials Analyser). These accessories offer a wide range of options to enhance the capabilities of X-Ray Diffraction Technology.
For better randomisation of crystallites contributing to the Diffraction pattern, GBC now offers a spinning stage for the EMMA. This spinner is interchangeable with other stages and is step motor driven.
The GBC EMMA Spinner
For accurate sample surface height positioning try our new non-intrusive autoloader. The 10 sample autoloader incorporates spinning in the analysis position. Rotary movement moves the sample into analysis position where it is pushed up against the height reference rollers to ensure accuracy.
To increase countrate of 3 x to x4 or for an increase in scan speed while retaining the quality of data try a new solid-state detector. Response is linear up to 50,000 CPS.
To routinely measure spacings up to 175Å with good intensity the unique new primary beam optic allows use down to 0.5° θ with no increase in background. As an alternative to the parabolic graded d-spacing mirror, the primary beam optic can be used with the Parallel beam detector or the focussing detector.
To enhance thin film analysis and inhibit CuKβ radiation - a parabolic graded d-spacing mirror optic with a Ni/C structure can be used with the Parallel Beam Detector.
Graded d-spacing Mirror Optic
Parallel Beam Detector